Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I'm taking the rats to Dubai! Well, Sharjah, to be exact!


I'm so excited, not to mention honored! At the end of April, my husband and I will be going to Sharjah, part of the United Arab Emirates, and home of the Sharjah International Book Fair, where I've been invited to present! This 10-day event now draws a total of over 800 publishers showcasing books from nearly 42 nations, and attracts over 400,000 visitors. 



I'll be speaking on panels at the fair and actually visiting local area schools, both of which I'm so excited about! Sharjah is a beautiful emirate right next door to Dubai. It's also known throughout the UAE for it's amazing cultural and artistic offerings. They have over a dozen museums, a large aquarium, art galleries galore, and of course, the amazing Sharjah International Book Fair and Children's Reading Day! 







How beautiful is this city? 
I'm so amazed I'll be walking these streets in less than a month!



And a trip to the UAE would not be complete if I didn't get to eat dinner at the Burj Al Arab in Dubai! I cannot wait!! 

Just last week, I finished Lords of Trillium, Book III of the Nightshade Chronicles. It's being poured over by my editor now, so this will be the perfect vacation before the revisions begin or possibly something I'll be working on while in flight. I'll have 17 hours. Yikes! 



15 comments:

  1. Nice to see you're so excited about visiting the UAE. I used to live in Abu Dhabi, but that was before Burj Al Khalifa, or Mall of the Emirates were built.

    The time difference is a killer, so I might toss some revision time aside for sleep, or sand skiing, or souk shopping, or...you get the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what my husband says. I'm a bit of an insomniac, so I'll need something to zap my energy and revisions will surely do that! ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow. That is AMAZING. Congrats. I'm sure you have an absolutely wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! They are supposed to have 2 awesome malls too, so I'll have to stay far away from those! ;)

      Delete
  3. hi miss hilary!

    woweee! im soooo excited for you and for sure the rats are gonna have a fantastical time!! i know right where youre going cause i just did a report about dubai. it a really neat place. and...for sure im just soooo happy the lords of trillium is at your editors. that means its lots closer to getting published and that means it closer to getting read by your biggest fan...ME! :) RATS RULE! (even in the UAE)

    ...big happy hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lenny, I cannot wait for you to read the new book! It's got quite an ending! :)

      Dubai is going to be amazing!

      Big Hugs!! Hilary

      Delete
  4. Wow! Congratulations on the opportunity to visit the UAE. It looks soo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elaine! I cannot wait to see it in-person and break out the video camera like be touristy nerd! ;) It will be worth it!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous4/06/2013

    New Nightshade book? 0__0 I must read it. NOW. 8D That aside, congratulations about the trip, Hilary! I hope you have a blast!


    Out of curiosity, is the Nightshade City series going to be a trilogy or not? I'm afraid I can't recall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yes, it is a trilogy! I got all weepy writing the final chapters. It's hard to say goodbye, though I of course leave room for more. ;)

      Delete
  6. Anonymous4/06/2013

    I've actually been considering writing a fanfiction for the Nightshade City series recently :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be honored! I've read some good stuff recently! ;)

      Delete
  7. Anonymous4/09/2013

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that sounds amazing. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a wonderfully beautiful post!
    Arun Panchariya dubai

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message after the beep...BEEP!