Saturday, March 19, 2011

Nightshade City - Crystal Kite Semifinalist! WoW!!!

Check out the nominees in your region here!
So, on St. Patrick's Day I woke up to the exciting news that NIGHTSHADE CITY is a Semifinalist for the 2011 SCBWI Crystal Kite Award!!  I was so shocked--and this is the truth--I voted for my own book before I even looked at the 4 other nominees, because I was afraid it was a mistake and I better vote fast! My family thinks that's pretty funny! ;)

Click here to see the group of nominees in each region! If you’re an SCBWI member, not to be all MTV-ish on ya, but go rock the vote for your favorite children's book of 2010!

Congrats to the semifinalists and thanks to everyone who voted! SCBWI RULES! 

xoxo -- Hilary

16 comments:

  1. YAY! Congratulations, Hilary! I'm so glad so many authors I know are shortlisted. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/19/2011

    Congratulation Hilary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi miss hilary! miss sharon told me bout your rat book being up for a prize. you know if i could be a member for sure id be voting for nightshade city. you gotta be 18 to join up and you gotta pay 85 dollars. ack! but for sure im sending out vibes all over the place so you could win.
    ...hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Hilary!!! I'm going to go rock the vote again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/19/2011

    Congrats, Hilary. I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3/19/2011

    Congratulations, darlin'! I shall now drink to your semifinalist status. (Any excuse, yeah?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Hillary. Nightshade City is a worth candidate for the award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Hilary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book looks terrific, and I just love the wonderful cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Hilary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I've been itching to become an SCBWI member, I may just need to go ahead and do it so I can vote for your book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a member (guilty look over my shoulder) Will remedy that soon. And your book just skyrocketed to the top of my TBR list. Awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! It's awesome news.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, everyone!!! Major hugs! :)

    I was so surprised! And now, I get to think about until April 15th! Gah! That feels like a long way away!

    xoxo -- Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message after the beep...BEEP!